پنجشنبه 19 آذر 1388
نوع مطلب :
نویسنده :T Mofidi
Hi friends. Here are some good idioms that might be used in different situations.
I hope they'd be helpful.
1. Get a grip ! = get control of yourself
/You've got to get a grip of yourself in front of strangers./
2. Go off the deep end= to become upset and irrational
/My boss went off the deep end because I was late again./
3. Go off the deep end = to become crazy
/After his wife died he went off the deep end an he lost his memory./
4. Not to have a prayer = to have no possibility of success in sth.
/You dont have prayer of beating Andy at chess./
5. To have a [good] shot at sth = to have a possibility at success in sth.
/Don't you think Dan has a shot at getting the job?
- Yes his uncle is his boss's friend./
6. Talk sb into sth = to convince to do sth.
/You talked me into it by giving me acceptable reason. I'll give you one more chance to take the test again./